By default, Outlook displays the Desktop Alert above the system tray on the desktop. If you want to change where the Desktop Alert appears on your screen (or modify how long it appears, its transparency, etc.), follow these steps:
1. On Outlook's menu bar, click "Tools" and select "Options".
2. Under "E-mail", click the "E-mail Options" button.
3. Under "Message handling", click the "Advanced E-mail Options" button.
4. Under "When new items arrive in my Inbox", make sure that the "Display a New Mail Desktop Alert" checkbox is checked.
5. Click the "Desktop Alert Settings" button.
6. Click the "Preview" button. Here's an opportunity to adjust how long you'd like the Desktop Alert to display.
7. Click and drag the generated Desktop Alert to the desired location on your desktop.
8. Click OK to close the "Desktop Alert Settings" window.
9. Click OK to close the "Advanced E-mail Options" window.
10. Click OK to close the "E-mail Options" window.
11. And finally, click OK to close the "Options "window.