The statistics you receive every week are for your library & others, and wastes lots of paper when you print it out? You want to annotate a memo you just got without creating a new message? That email message you received really needs a more descriptive subject line?
If these scenarios sound familiar, you're in luck because both Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003 let you edit any email message you've received. Note: Outlook will mark the date and time a message was modified.
Here's how to edit a message you've received in Outlook:
- Double-click the message to open it in its own window
- On the Outlook toolbar, click Other Actions > Edit Message
- In Outlook 2003 and earlier, select Edit > Edit Message instead
- Make the changes in the message body or subject line
- Press Ctrl + S to save the edited message