Need to write résumé, not resume?
Prefer to write 50¢ instead of $.50?
Looking for the copyright © symbol?
Using the Symbol dialog box in Microsoft Word (97, 2000, 2003, and 2007) you can insert any character you need into a document.
Here are the steps to do it in Word 2007:
- Click your mouse at the spot in your document where you want to symbol to appear.
- On the ribbon, click the Insert tab.
- Click the Symbol icon.
- If the symbol you need is on the popup menu, click it to select & insert it.
- If you don't see the symbol you want, click More Symbols to find the right one, and click the Insert button, then the Close button.
- If the one you want still isn't found, click the Special Characters tab on the Symbol window to find the copyright © symbol & more, then click the Insert button and the Close button.
- Save the document and you're all set.