If you have a Facebook account, do you know there are lots of library-related Facebook Groups you can join to connect with your peers online?
Jess Bacon has compiled a list of some of the top groups in different areas of public librarianship. Learn how to join groups like these:
- ALA Think Tank isn't affiliated with that ALA, but stands for "Awesome Librarians Associated"; over 11,000 people are members
- Programming Librarian Interest Group "helps librarians advocate for programming at their own institutions, share program ideas and successful strategies, and provides a space for professional development by librarians who do programming officially and unofficially as part of their job duties."
- The Shareable Clique, where libraries and book lovers share their viral content that can be reshared on other Facebook accounts
- Technology Training and Libraries, where ideas & resources for training staff and the public
- Teen Services Underground, whose "mission is to support, promote, advocate, and build a community space to highlight the importance of teen services in minding the gap"
I hope you have fun joining some new groups, and learn lots!