Just in time for the holidays -- a way to put all your wish list items in one place.
If you've set up an Amazon wish list for your library, or you want to do this for your personal wish list, put the Amazon Universal Wish List Button on your web browser to add to your Amazon Wish List items from any web site.
1. Follow the easy directions at the Amazon Universal Wish List Button page to add the button to Firefox or Internet Explorer.
2. Then go to any online store, and when you see something you want, click the "Add to Wish List" button in your Bookmark Toolbar.
Unless you need to quickly log in to your account, that's all it takes to add an item to your Amazon Wish List.
Would you like to set up an Amazon Wish List for your library? Here are resources to help you do it:
- Creating and Promoting Wish Lists for Your Library Using Amazon.com (A Guide from the Alliance Library System) [PDF]
- Amazon's Creating a Wish List for a Nonprofit Organization
- Amazon's general info about creating a wish list
You could add items to your library's wish list from office supply web sites, library supply web sites, and more!
Here are examples of some libraries' Amazon wish lists:
- Caestecker Public Library (Green Lake, WI)
- Cedar Rapids (IA) Public Library
- Fairfax (VA) Library Foundation
- Friends of the Brookfield (IL) Free Public Library
- Keil (WI) Public Library goes beyond books and A/V materials by including supplies and technology requests on their list
- Melrose (MA) Public Library
- Muehl Public Library (Seymour, WI)